Corporate Nutrition Service
Our Dietitians are available to travel to your location and present to your groups on a topic of interest:
Nutrition consultancy services include client consultations at the workplace, interesting and interactive nutrition education sessions, group presentations, canteen menu reviews and nutrition resource development.
Implementation of Healthy Eating Campaigns and the Weight Wise @ Work Campaign are also possible.
If your company would like to involve a Nutritionist for a once off health and wellness day or an ongoing nutrition programme, then please complete the contact form with your details. We would be delighted to discuss your requirements further for a healthier and happier workforce….
Examples of topics covered in various seminars:
- Effects of shift work on the body (metabolism, digestion of food etc)
- How the timing of food choices is different when working day / night shifts
- Striking the balance nutritionally
Energy & Focus at Work
- Discuss how nutrients affect the brain and cognitive function
- Specific foods to give a “natural lift”
- To snack or not to snack that is the question
- Balancing blood sugar levels throughout the day
- Maintenance of optimal hydration levels
Eating Well on a Budget
- Practical tips for eating a nutritionally balanced diet without breaking the bank
- Money saving meal and snack ideas
Fast meals for a Busy Lifestyle
- Working full-time and trying to strike a family or recreational balance can often be a challenge.
- In this talk, we discuss how to speed up the food preparation to allow more quality time with family and friends. Lots of breakfast “on the go” options, snappy lunches and easy 15 minute dinner ideas which are not only healthy, but well balanced for those living life in the fast lane.
Food Allergies & Intolerances
- What’s the difference between allergies and intolerances?
- Diagnosis, prevalence etc
- Dietary treatment of food allergies, food chemical intolerances and food intolerances
- New dietary treatment options
Beauty from Within
- How to nourish the body from inside out to help achieve strong nails, shiny hair and glowing skin.
- Meal and snack ideas which ensure that you provide your body with the nourishment it needs to form the building blocks of healthy nails, smooth hair and radiant skin.
- Discover which specific vitamins and minerals are of benefit.
Active Retirement / Healthy Ageing
- Unearth how nutritional needs differ as we age from 50+.
- How to minimise sarcopenia (muscle loss associated with ageing) through dietary modification.
- Nutrition solutions for common issues e.g. bone health (osteoporosis), cardiovascular disease, cancer prevention etc.
Achieving a Healthy Body Shape
- Focus on healthy eating specifically for Weight loss
- Popular diets – why these are short –term fads and can lead to yo yo dieting
- Body shape (waist circumference and % body fat) V’s weight on the scales
- Weight loss pills and shakes – general safety and efficacy
- Mindfull eating techniques – HOW rather than WHAT we eat
Dietary Management of Specific Health Issues (separate talks)
- Osteoporosis & Bone Health
- Healthy Heart
- Coeliac Disease & Gluten Free Diet
- Cancer Prevention
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome & Digestive Issues
Feedback from a recent seminar