Easy Curry Sauce – Batch Recipe suitable for freezing
Recipe – 20 servings
- 3 onions finely chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic finely chopped or minced
- 3 tablespoons curry paste
- 2 tablespoons tumeric
- Fresh ginger, thumb size, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 450g tin of reduced fat coconut milk
- 300ml vegetable stock
- Juice of ½ – 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
Keeps in fridge for 2-3 days.
Sauce can be thinned further by adding extra stock or water.
Sauce can be thickened by mixing 1 teaspoon of cornflour with 3 teaspoons of cold water and add to the sauce towards the end of cooking.
Nutrition information per 100g of this recipe
(equivalent of aprox 1/4 jar of standard curry sauce)
Calories: 51, Protein 1.2g, Carbs 3.1g, Fat 3.7g, of which saturates 1.2g, 0.1 g sodium