We provide Professional Nutrition advice which is tailored to meet the needs of the individual or group.
Ellen Roche BSc. Nutr Sci, PG Dip Dietetics MINDI
Registered Dietitian & Consultant Nutritionist
Ellen initially studied at UCC Cork, graduating with a BSc. (Hons) Nutritional Sciences in 2003. Following research and development work within the Australian food industry, she decided to further her studies to become a Dietitian by completing a Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition & Dietetics at Leeds Beckett University in 2006.
Ellen is an experienced Registered Dietitian and active member of the Irish Nutrition & Dietetic Institute. She worked as a hospital based Dietitian within the HSE for a number of years, helping patients to recover from various illnesses. In 2011, she founded Nutri Vive, a nutrition consultancy which empowers clients to make lifestyle changes which are key to achieving personal goals, optimal health and long-term wellbeing. Areas of specialist interest include food intolerances, digestive issues, infertility, auto immune conditions and weight management. We help clients from 4 to 104 years of age!
Ellen frequently provides an independent voice and professional opinion for national radio, TV and print media. An extensive range of nutrition services are also available for schools, catering establishments, PR companies, workplaces and the food industry. Corporate clients in 2017 included; Spar Ireland, Mason Hayes Curran (Law Firm), Laois Libraries, Irish Management Institute and Wexford Senior Hurling Team.
Member Irish Nutrition & Dietetic Institute No: 0766
State Registered with CORU No: DI017775
Dietitian Laura Mahony
Registered Dietitian & Consultant Nutritionist
Welcoming Dietitian Laura Mahony to the team in May 2019.
Laura Mahony is a CORU registered dietitian with over 10 years of experience. She initially studied Sports & Exercise Science in UL, before going onto study a Higher Diploma in Nutritional Sciences in University College Cork. After a number of years working in the food science industry Laura finally decided to pursue a career in dietetics and completed her Postgraduate Diploma in Dietetics in Glasgow Caledonian University.
After qualification, Laura worked in the NHS for a number of years, working in specialities such as cardiac rehabilitation, renal, gastroenterology and neurology. On return to Ireland, she worked in the Mater Misericordiae Hospital in Dublin covering areas such as general medical, renal and oncology.
Laura then moved into the area of Performance Nutrition and completed her Masters in Sports Nutrition from Ulster University Jordanstown. She has worked with a number of athletes and teams in the build up to major competitions such as the Northern Irish Boxing Squad and Netball Team for the Glasgow Commonwealth games, the National Men’s Hockey Team for the Rio Olympics, and most recently, Connacht Rugby, (professional team & academy).
Laura has completed specialised low FODMAP skills training, is a member of the Irish Nutrition & Dietetic Institute (INDI), and is a committee member of the Sport & Exercise Specialist Nutrition group of the INDI. She is also on the Sport & Exercise Nutrition Register (SENr). Whether working with elite athletes or members of the general public Laura uses the same principles of behaviour change, evidence-based practice, and client centred focus to achieve optimal results.
A retired camogie player, Laura now enjoys running, cycling and completing adventure races.
Member Irish Nutrition & Dietetic Institute No: 0638
State Registered with CORU No: DI021128
Sarah joined Nutri Vive in 2018 as a secretary and administrator. Sarah will look after all your enquiries and is ready to assist you with appointment bookings and any queries you may have.
A Dietitian can provide personalised nutrition plans for the following:
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Bariatric surgery nutrition support
- Behavioural food aversion & Fussy eaters
- Coeliac disease & Dermatitis Herpetiformis
- Coeliac Disease in in children/adolescents
- Constipation in children/adolescents
- Crohns Disease/ Ulcerative Colitis
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Diabetes in children/adolescents
- Diarrhoea in children/adolescents
- Disability related nutrition problems for children
- Diverticular disease / diverticulitis
- Dysphagia / Swallowing problems
- Eating Disorders & Disordered Eating in adults
- Eating Disorders & Disordered Eating in adolescents
- Eczema in children/adolescents
- Food allergy & intolerance in children/adolescents
- Food intolerance
- Gestational/ Diabetes during pregnancy
- Growth Faltering/undernutrition in children/adolescents
- Healthy Eating and general nutrition
- Heart Health – cholesterol/blood pressure
- Hereditary Fructose Intolerance
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Diarrhoea/constipation/wind/bloating)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome in children/adolescents
- Liver / gallbladder / pancreatic disease
- Low FODMAP diet
- Lupus / SLE
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Nutrition & Mental health
- Nutrition for people with Cancer Nutrition
- Nutrition before, during and after pregnancy
- Osteoporosis & Osteopenia
- Raised blood sugars & Type 2 Diabetes
- Reflux / Hiatus Hernia / Oesophagitis/ Barrett’s Oesophagus
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid disorders
- Tube feeding in adults
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Vegetarian & vegan diets
- Weight management in children/adolescents
- Weight management for adults
- Corporate consultancy for food / nutrition/ catering companies
- Development of healthy eating policies for schools/universities
- EAP programmes (Employee Assistance Programmes)
- EU food legislation
- Food Labelling
- Group Weight Management programmes
- Health & Wellness for schools and clubs
- Health promotion programmes
- Health screening (body composition, diabetes, cholesterol, blood pressure)
- Internet media
- Intranet presentations
- Media & PR
- Menu Analysis / calorie posting
- Menu development/auditing / assessment / planning / mentoring
- Nutrition consulting for residential units / community hospitals
- Nutrition education material
- Nutrition information stands
- Nutrition policy development
- On site one-to-one dietetic clinics
- Onsite interactive workshops & presentations
- Product development
- Product launches, trade shows, exhibitions
- Project management for nutrition service development
- School health initiatives
- School staff education: nutrition related issues on primary & secondary school curricula
- Supermarket promotions / tours / stands / events
- Workplace Health & Wellness initiatives